Saving your MWS credentials in Hasten
Like nearly all software designed to work with Amazon, Hasten uses Amazon’s MWS API to securely access data through your Amazon account. Although not all of Hasten’s features require MWS to work, sellers will find it necessary in order to derive the maximum benefit from the extension.
Your credentials are stored on your own local machine, and only shared with Hasten to communicate with Amazon’s servers on your behalf. The extension accesses only product-related data, and you may revoke Hasten’s ability to access your account at any time.
To access MWS, you will need to have a Professional selling plan with Amazon. If you are using an Individual selling plan, you may wish to consider upgrading for this reason.
Configure Hasten to utilize your MWS account by completing the following steps:
1. Visit https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/mws/registration/register.html?%2AVersion%2A=1&%2Aentries%2A=0&signInPageDisplayed=1
2. Click “Sign up for MWS”
3. Enter the Application Name: Hasten and the Application’s Developer Account Number: 3384-6101-3702
4. Click “Next”. You’ll see a screen that looks like this:
5. Read and accept the Amazon AWS License Agreement and accept responsibility for Hasten accessing your credentials.
6. Click “Next”. You’ll now see a screen that looks like this:
7. Copy your (1) Seller ID, and (2) MWS Auth Token for input into Hasten.
8. Now, go to the Options page in Hasten, either by clicking the Hasten icon in your Chrome toolbar, or by copying and pasting this link in your address bar in chrome and hitting Enter: chrome://extensions/?options=bggpcbhbjgkmfofgeenmlfpcjdknaajk
9. Click the the Account Settings tab. On the right side of the screen, enter your credentials into the appropriate boxes, choose your marketplace from the dropdown, and click “Verify”.
10. If you have not yet done so, click the blue “Activate” link on the left side of the screen, enter the required information to receive your Subscription ID via email, and paste the Subscription ID, click “Verify”, and then “Save”.
Congratulations – You’re ready to use Hasten!